New Job Posting
Who We Are
Stranger, Tallman & Lautz Accounting is a full-service accounting firm serving clients throughout the Grand Junction, Colorado area and across the country. We are a very small firm (7 people) that is trying to buck the traditions that have held our profession back for the last century. We view our firm as an entrepreneurial endeavor, in which all team members are expected to take ownership in the firm’s success. We offer incentives that align the firm’s goals with those of our team members. We’re a forward-thinking firm, embracing technology and efficient business processes to not just survive, but to thrive.
Who You Are
You are a CPA with extensive knowledge of accounting and tax laws. You are looking for an entrepreneurial opportunity and hoping to join a firm where your hard work will directly impact its success. Not only do you have a solid grasp on numbers, but you also are a people-person who enjoys connecting with clients on a personal level. You understand that providing an excellent client experience is necessary for success and want to be a part of that process. Process improvement is one of your strengths and you have experience developing processes to optimize and improve overall efficiency. You are tech savvy and embrace the use of technology in your daily life.
In this position, you will be responsible for overseeing all tax planning and completing tax returns. This role also has a supervisory component, and you would be responsible for coordinating our accounting staff and assessing their performance. A CPA license is required, and you need to have strong grasp of public accounting and tax laws. Ideally, this position would be in person at our offices in Grand Junction, CO. However, we are open to considering remote employment for the right person. If you have the experience and this sounds like the right fit for you, please apply regardless of your geographic location.
- Delivering a full range of tax services in compliance with laws and regulations within set timeframe
- Building relationships and interacting with clients to provide excellent planning, consulting, and expertise
- Providing innovative tax planning and reviewing complex tax returns
- Identify and mitigate tax risks
- Coordinate accounting staff and asses their performance
- Manage tax provision and tax compliance process
- Improve processes by developing or implementing best practices
- Manage and coordinate tax audits
- Prepare all tax papers on a regular basis and handle all information data requests
- Paid vacation
- Yearly sick time
- Incentive compensation bonus up to 20% of base
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Contribution to college savings plan
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or a related field
- CPA license required
- 5+ years of experience in public accounting
- Tax experience highly preferred